“Your children should feel protected, secure, and joyous,” explains Alifjane Begum. The saying is false.
Ayaat, aged 4, was “severely unwell, coughing all night” due to the moisture of her family’s temporary public home in Dagenham, east London.
As the mold spread, both of her sisters, Ayesha, who was six, and Anisa, who was seven, become unwell and needed antibiotic treatment.
The medical cabinet of Alifjane Begum, who is 27, is filled with Calpol, but it hasn’t been of much use to her with her children.
She is concerned that she won’t be able to pay to keep the heat on during the winter and that she won’t be able to keep the wetness at bay.
They have relocated into a fresh new prefab building that is constructed of metal boxes and is designed to resemble shipping containers.
Its only objective was to provide assistance to families that were without homes, and as such, it was not intended to serve as a permanent residence.
Barking and Dagenham’s homeless team has offered people utility coupons, dehumidifiers, and heating and ventilation advice.
This family, like millions of others, is forced to endure the elements due to the substandard living conditions they are forced to endure in their house.